Monday, July 11, 2016
Media Contact: Ursula Miller
CINCINNATI – Crews have begun $7.6 million in extensive repairs to 44 streets in Kennedy Heights, Madisonville, Pleasant Ridge, Avondale, North Avondale, Corryville and Evanston.
The work, which includes grinding off existing roadway surfaces, full-depth repairs and a new surface layer of pavement, is funded as part of the city’s Capital Acceleration Plan. The rehab portion of CAP totals $9.9 million this year, covering eight neighborhoods, 50 streets and 37 lane miles of improvements.
Another $2.3 million in rehabilitation on six streets has begun in Northside, starting this week with Spring Grove Avenue at Elmore Street to Crawford Avenue.
Most of the major, full-depth repairs in Kennedy Heights, Madisonville, Pleasant Ridge, Avondale, North Avondale, Corryville and Evanston have been made. Reconstruction of Highland Avenue near the Lester Road intersection in Pleasant Ridge was completed last week and has been reopened. Crews are now grinding and leveling streets.
Please see below for a complete list of streets scheduled for rehabilitation this summer.
The type of work varies based on the condition of each street but generally includes:
- Grinding and paving
- Replacing curbs and curb ramps
- Repairing driveway aprons and sidewalks, as required
- Adjusting utility castings to grade
- Final surface coat of new pavement
- Line striping
Rehab work takes about two months to complete per street. On most streets, at least two lanes will remain open to through traffic during repairs. Local access to residences and businesses will be available at all times.
All roads will be reopened to through traffic during non-work hours.
On-street parking may be prohibited, as needed, to accommodate crews. Signs will be posted in advance to allow motorists time to find alternate parking options. In most cases, these temporary restrictions will be in place for less than 24 hours and a street will be reopened by 6:00 p.m. Violators will be towed per city ordinance.
All work is expected to be complete by Dec. 1. Look for updates throughout the summer.
For questions about the project, contact Dave Krusling, Senior Engineer, Department of Transportation, at 513-352-3479 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Capital Acceleration Plan (CAP)
The Capital Acceleration Plan is improving streets and City owned vehicles to eliminate long-term maintenance and repairs costs. In terms of city streets, CAP provides $69 million in additional funding for improvements over the next six years. Combined with the annual street improvement program, outside grants and CAP, Cincinnati is investing approximately $172 million to rehabilitate or resurface more than half its 2,936 total lane miles in all 52 neighborhoods by June 30, 2021. This investment will improve safety, save money, enhance the city’s business environment and raise the overall quality of life for residents.
For more information, please visit http://cincinnati-oh.gov/manager/capital-acceleration-plan-cap/
Cincinnati Streets Scheduled for Rehabilitation in Summer 2016
Kennedy Heights, Madisonville and Pleasant Ridge (All roads to be finished by Aug. 31)
- Carpathia Street from East Terminus to Lester Road
- Cypress Way from South Terminus to Montgomery Road
- Davenant Avenue from East Terminus to Kinoll Avenue
- Fairway Drive from Montgomery Road to Langdon Farm Road
- Highland Drive from Lester Road to Corporation Line
- Hurd Avenue from Plainville Road to West Terminus
- Iberis Avenue from Hedge Avenue to Red Bank Road
- Indian Mound Avenue from Corporation Line to Cypress Way
- Islington Avenue from Watterson Street to La Crosse Avenue
- Kincaid Lane from South Terminus to Kincaid Road
- La Crosse Avenue from Murray Road to North Terminus
- Mapleleaf Avenue from Ridge Avenue to Lester Road
- Marmion Lane from South Terminus to Douglas Terrace
- McHugh Place from South Terminus to Montgomery Road
- Onondago Avenue from Davenant Avenue to Congreve Avenue
- Rex Avenue from South Terminus to Islington Avenue
- Solar Vista Place from East Terminus to Kennedy Avenue
- Valleyview Avenue from Davenant Avenue to Aikenside Avenue
- Verulam Avenue from South Terminus to Auten Avenue
- Vinewood Avenue from Corporation Line to Plainville Road
- Wiehe Road from Langdon Farm Road to Corporation Line
Avondale, Corryville, Evanston and North Avondale (All roads to be finished by Aug. 31)
- Alaska Court From Glenwood Avenue to North Terminus
- Bonaparte Avenue From Hewitt Avenue to Huron Avenue
- Burnet Avenue From William H Taft Road to Forest Avenue
- Debbe Lane Reading Road to North Terminus
- Dickson Avenue From Clinton Springs Avenue to Mitchell Avenue
- Durrell Avenue From Victory Parkway to Gilbert Avenue
- Forest Avenue From Reading Road Dury Avenue
- Glencross Avenue From Wedgewood Avenue to Mitchell Avenue
- Graydon Avenue From Hewitt Avenue to Huron Avenue
- Hickman Avenue From Reading Road to Harvey Avenue
- Hickory Street From Knott Street to West Terminus
- Holloway Avenue From Fairfield Avenue to Montgomery Road
- Holloway Court From South Terminus to Holloway Avenue
- Huron Avenue From Bonaparte Avenue to Fairfield Avenue
- Knott Street From Maple Avenue to Rockdale Avenue
- Lenox Lane From South Terminus to Redway Avenue
- Maple Avenue From Reading Road to Harvey Avenue
- Marion Avenue From Winding Way to North Terminus
- Red Bud Place From Red Bud Avenue to Rose Hill Avenue
- Spokane Avenue From Hewitt Avenue to Huron Avenue
- Vernon Place From Oak Street to Martin Luther King Jr. Drive
- Vernon Place From Vernon Place to North Terminus
- Vine Vista Place From Clinton Springs Avenue to North Terminus
- Warwick Avenue From Clinton Springs Avenue to Mitchell Avenue
Northside (All roads start in late July, except where noted. Work scheduled to be finished by Dec. 1.)
- Cosby Street From Spring Grove Avenue to Hamilton Avenue
- Mad Anthony Street From William P Dooley By Pass to Spring Grove Avenue
- North Argyle Place From South Argyle Place to Hamilton Avenue
- South Argyle Place From Hamilton Avenue to North Argyle Place
- Spring Grove Avenue From Elmore Street to Crawford Avenue (*Started July 5)
- William P. Dooley By Pass From Elmore Street to Spring Grove Avenue