MEDIA CONTACT: Ursula Miller, email@example.com, or 513-352-3417
CINCINNATI – Construction crews will be especially busy along the riverfront and in downtown’s Central Business District in March as work progresses on several high-profile projects that include the Cincinnati Streetcar, The Banks Phase II apartments, General Electric’s U.S. Global Operations Center, Carol Ann’s Carousel and Smale Riverfront Park. In addition, both the Cincinnati Reds and Cincinnati Bengals are installing new scoreboards and several major events are taking place at U.S. Bank Arena and along the riverfront.
The work will require street and pedestrian detours throughout the month. Please see the map below for details.
To help maintain traffic flow, Cincinnati police will operate signals at key intersections during morning and afternoon rush hours while streetcar track is installed and for special events. Arrow boards and instructional signage will be posted. The city also will share updated detour information and guidance on how best to navigate around construction sites.
Motorists and pedestrians are encouraged to plan ahead before visiting the area, to use caution and check @RoadmapCincy for daily updates on conditions.
“There is an economic boom occurring in our urban core, which is exciting for the whole city," said City Manager Harry Black. “We also recognize construction in these high-traffic areas can create challenges for motorists and pedestrians.”
Following are the highlights of what motorists and pedestrians can expect in March. Additional details on lane restrictions, road closures and detours will be provided closer to the effective dates for all work:
- March 2 – March 6: Preparation for streetcar track installation. Walnut between Second and Freedom Way closed to through traffic 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Local access maintained.
- March 2 – 31: Concrete pours scheduled to take place on various dates at The Banks Phase II and G.E. on Freedom Way between Race and Rosa Parks streets.
- March 2 – 17: Crane operators install new signage and scoreboard at Great American Ballpark.
- March 7: CinciCARTic Race takes place on sidewalks throughout downtown starting and ending at Fountain Square, stretching between Sawyer Point and Henry Street in Over-the-Rhine.
- March 5 – March 8: Circus at U.S. Bank Arena. Lane restrictions and closures in place March 2 – March 9.
- March 6 – 9: Track for the streetcar to be installed on Walnut Street through the intersection at Fifth Street.
- March 13 – 14; 25, 27, 28 and 31: Cincinnati Cyclones at U.S. Bank Arena.
- March 14-15: St. Patrick’s Day Parade and Heart Mini Marathon take place downtown.
- March 16 – March 27: Track for the streetcar to be installed on Walnut where it curves into Second Street.
- March 21: Eric Church concert at U.S. Bank Arena.
- March 1 – 31: Ongoing underground utility improvements on Main Street at Third north to Central Parkway.
- Access to the Central Riverfront Garage will be maintained at all times. See attached map for details.
- Work on a new scoreboard at Paul Brown Stadium is tentatively scheduled to begin this spring but the exact timeline is under review.
- In addition, progress continues on Smale Riverfront Park and Carol Ann’s Carousel but there are no current plans for work that would affect motorists in March.