CINCINNATI –Two Interstate 71 ramps in downtown Cincinnati are closed due to highway construction projects by the Ohio Department of Transportation. Both ramps are major access routes for travelers heading toward or departing The Banks area along Cincinnati’s riverfront.
- Downtown: Third Street exit ramp off I-71 south: Closed until next summer (2017) for an ODOT project to reconstruct the I-71 bridge decks over Eggleston Avenue just north of the Lytle Tunnel entrance.
- Detour is Gilbert to Eighth to Sycamore to Third to I-71 south entrance.
- The Banks: Second Street on ramp to I-71 north: Closed until December 2016 for ODOT upgrades to Lytle Tunnel and the I-71 bridge decks.
- Detour is Main Street to Fifth Street to I-71 north ramp.
Lytle Tunnel is a six-lane tunnel that carries northbound and southbound I-71 traffic under Cincinnati’s historic Lytle Park. The tunnel extends 1,099 feet and includes a sharp curve leading up to the entrance and again part way through it.
Motorists are encouraged to use extreme caution and reduce speed when traveling through the tunnel.
Cincinnati Music Festival
Cincy Soul Black Taste of Cincinnati
July 21-24, 2016
An exciting weekend of great music and food will be held on July 21-24, 2016. The Cincinnati Music Festival begins on Thursday, July 21 with performances also on Friday night July 22, and Saturday night July 23. All performances will be held at Paul Brown Stadium.
In addition to the Cincinnati Music Festival, Festival 513 will take place on Friday and Saturday, July 22-23. Festival 513 is a collection of food, clothing, and memorabilia vendors. In order to accommodate this event, the following streets will close on Thursday, July 21 at 10AM, and remain closed until Sunday, July 24 at 7PM:
- Freedom Way- closed between Elm Street and Rosa Parks Street
- Race Street- closed south of Second Street (Access to the Central Riverfront Garage from Race Street will be maintained)
Also planned for the weekend is the Cincy Soul Black Taste of Cincinnati featuring various food trucks around Fountain Square on Saturday, July 23. In order to accommodate this event, the following street will close on Saturday, July 23 at 930AM and will remain closed until 700PM later that evening:
- Fifth Street- closed between Vine Street and Walnut Street